CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Potty Training Nightmare

After having such a tough time getting Tanner to use the potty when he was 31/2 I waited until Ava was 3 to really start trying.......she is totally ready and can hold "it" and will go hours dry and then pee her pants when we get home on the carpet instead of just telling me she has to go. You get the idea! Just a nightmare. After weeks of on and off the potty and bribing her with dresses, dolls, candy, a trip to disneyland, etc, /................even letting her watch movies while she "tries"..............she is back in diapers (her choice). Ugh. I am just going to wait until she isn't stubborn about it and wants to be big. I look at other kids that are potty trained and are like 2 and just don't get it. Oh well. Atleast I don't have to "hold"her like the picture below everytime.....and she would always say that she DIDN"T need PRIVACY, how funny. GIrls are just made to be social peepee..ers!

St. Pat's Day morning I think Im a cool mom and make them green pancakes with a shamrock in the middle..................do you think they ate them? Of course not, they are green mom! SOOOO they had cereal.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Sarah said...

That is rough and funny, we are going through the same thing over here, I just need my kid to poop in the potty, oh it frustrating. I also made my kids green pancakes but I made them eat it. Good luck to you.

Williamson Fam said...

Oh my gosh,
I am so sorry about the potty training, I say dont give up it sound like she was doing good and maybe you need to make her sit on the potty a little more so she wont have accident, especially is she can hold it, DONT go back to diapers but easier said than done, i'm not the one cleaning up piss..Love you!

Jeni said...

I rolled at the "potty training" post! I promise you that one day you'll look back on these days and laugh! But in the meantime, keep your chin (and the diaper supply) up!! She will figure out it is better in "big girl panties" in no time!!!

And by the way.... go you to make "green" pancakes!! Next time your kids won't eat them, bring them on over here!!! I have 3 boys with "bottomless pits" for stomachs and they don't care WHAT color things are!! They eat everything!!!! =)