CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, July 21, 2008

Squishy Pumpkins?

 
GREAT STORY!!
Tanner and Brandt were bonding tonight! They were making me a birhtday cake for tomorrow and listening to music and playing their air guitars. We have been working on potty training for the last two weeks and it has been slightly successful but mostly so so annoying and frustrating. WHY? Mostly because Tanner never TELLS us he needs to go. It is just a constant job of saying "Tanner sit on the potty and try or you have to go to time out." He then cries and fights it, sits on the potty and sometimes pees (Rewarded with gumballs or MONSTER TRUCK stickers) on the occasion he has even gone #2.
We are far from done though, he has accidents, and just isn't even close.
Now.... back to the story of tonight.
Tanner is wearing underwear and we are watching his everymove.
Tanner comes to Brandt making a motion with his hands of squishing a hamburger patty and says "Daddy Squishy!!! Squishy! Brandt ofcourse thinks Tanner has pooped his PANTS!!! He tries checking Tanner's pants and Tanner is like "Daddy no, Squishy Pumpkins. Listen to Squishy PUmpkins."

Brandt is more than thrilled that his only son is pumped about playing guitar...
and NOW a fellow, die hard SMASHING PUMPKINS fan to boot, what could be better?

When Brandt told ME about it, I was just glad I didn't have to clean poop out of MonsterTruck underwear.

Little boys really are the best!!!

Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Williamson Fam said...

Oh that is so funny, he is so cute, and dont stress about the potty training it will come, jake is just barely telling me he needs to go i still have to tell him to go, dont rush it its just a waste of time, it will happen.But poo is annoying and nasty especially when they are so big...Also happy birthday, is it your birthday?

Zappe Family said...

Oh my..fun times potty training. Don't worry...I still have to pester Mitchell about going potty. We started training him in early April and he's just within the last few weeks finally stopped having accidents. As for nighttime though...we're still working on the over-nighter deals! Good luck and don't stress too much.

The Ball Family said...

It has been a long time!! I found you from Melanie's blog. You have such a cute little family and the potty story just remindes me that I still have 2 more to potty train! Good luck!!

Andrea said...

Emily Jacobsen! Hey girl - it's your crazy friend Andrea. I hope you don't mind - I found you from Melanie. You are sooooo stinking gorgeous girl! And your family is so incredibly cute too! I've missed you - looks like you're doing wonderful. Let's catch up! Can you squeeze some time away to come to CA for the reunion Oct 24th? Shane and I are flying out. Cindi, Katie and Marie will be there too.

Andrea said...

Oh and by the way, having Daddy show him how to shoot cheerios in the toilet worked really well for Max - kinda wierd, but it works usually. He started wanting to shoot everything in there - dead bugs especially. It was funny.

Eyelashes by Brandy said...

ok, that's hilarious! I have the cutest video, I will try to send it to ya... Tanner is awesome!
and Happy Birthday Emily! You deserve a great week!
Love you guys, we loved visiting you and you're house is gorgeous!

Kristin said...

We feel your potty training pain! We are right in the midst of it with Ollie. Good luck!!

Andrea said...

O, I'm feeling all warm and fuzzy now hearing from you again - it's been too long. I can't wait to talk and I'm crying right now because you're coming to the reunion - seriously, crying. I am so excited to see you! Now we have to work on Melanie -wouldn't that be so fun!