Saturday, August 30, 2008
They had a BLAST. I was a little nervous that Tanner would be scared, but he was lovin it.
We had a great day!
Posted by Emily Jones at 4:42 PM
Sunday, August 24, 2008
Posted by Emily Jones at 7:48 PM
Posted by Emily Jones at 7:32 PM
Friday, August 22, 2008
Thanks to Nicole (my first little friend& neighbor growing up), I have been thinking about the weird, quirky, and down right embarasing things about myself.
My husband couldn't stop listing things off. I think he had more fun than I did coming up with stuff.
Here it goes in no particular order of quirkiness,
1. I always put a clean pillowcase on my pillow at night. ( I have a lot of pillowcases)
I think I started this in High School when I had hideous skin and would try almost anything to have pretty skin. By the way, my skin is still a mess ( so I guess it doesn't help acne) but I love having a fresh pillowcase to lay on. It's like being in a hotel or something.
Oh and the best part is that I didn't tell Brandt about this until after our honeymoon was over ( when we were back in a house without daily maids.....out come the pile of pillowcases!)
2. I am neurotic about a clean house. It is exauhsting and I'm the only one in the family that cares about things being put away, and everything being wiped down. As hard as I try to walk away from a stray toy, sock, or a couple crumbs ..... I'm almost constantly cleaning up.
3. I don't really love TV or the internet. I know, how do I live without reality TV? I guess I'm always busy cleaning, ha! Although I do love TV for my kids........they learn so much and I love how they almost instantly are quiet. TV is a lifesaver.
4. Even if I'm not sure if I'm leaving the house...... I put on my make up. Crazy, huh? I just feel better that way.
5. I don't drink calories......thus, I love love Diet Soda.
One of the first little phrases Tanner said as a toddler was"Diet Coke.....easy ice." I know, I'm not proud of it!
6. Even after having to drag kids with me the last couple of years, I love grocery shopping.
7. Just like Nicole, I too wear flip flops almost year round......and I live in Colorado!
People look at me like I'm crazy when it's snowing and I have on my huge coat and sandals. By the time I get my kids all bundled up to go out, the last thing I want to do is put on socks and shoes, plus my feet dry off faster than some shoes would. Lazy,huh?
8. I love spray butter. What is better than spritzing...okay DUMPING, ha, zero calorie butter tasting deliciousness on your food? Plus...spray butter is one way my kids and I will eat veggies.
Posted by Emily Jones at 7:20 PM
Friday, August 15, 2008
Posted by Emily Jones at 8:27 PM
While Lori was here visiting we almost peed our pants the day TANNER wanted to wear his huge McQueen HELMET for a WALK!
Then he wouldn't take it off for the rest of the evening.
We thought he looked so SPECIAL, so I had to document it.
LORI finally tricked him out of wearing it by telling him she couldn't throw him around on the couch over and over again unless he would take it off. (Pretty ironic because maybe a helmet would be GOOD with an activity like that!)
Posted by Emily Jones at 8:18 PM
This is the scene that I came upon after I left Brandt to finish up SUNDAY Breakfast and play with the kids. I got ready for CHURCH and came downstairs to find 2 half naked kids and Brandt rockin' out.
Gotta Love It!
Somehow we even made it to church on time that day.
Posted by Emily Jones at 8:06 PM
WE LOVE YOU AVA!
Posted by Emily Jones at 8:00 PM
Thursday, August 7, 2008
In the past couple of weeks my little Tanner has pretty much learned to play the "air guitar" and mimic the moves of those creepy characters on ROCK BAND.
I'm not sure this is a good thing, but our friends and FAMILY seem to think it is very amusing.
I don't think ROCK BAND is appropriate for 3 year olds(Brandt purchased it as a gift for himself for Father's Day!), but at least it is something the family can do together....sort of.
Brandt's brothers and their wives love it too. Here are some pics of our last JAM SESSION
Posted by Emily Jones at 5:54 PM
Friday, August 1, 2008
Congrats to Brandt's little and only sister.
Amber married Chase Weed this past weekend in the Denver Temple. It was a fun and BUSY weekend. They are such a cute couple we are so happy for them. Here are some of my favorite pictures from the weekend.
Amber was such a pretty bride. WE are so LUCKY to have such great family members.
Amber and her handsome BROTHERS!! I think they are still in shock that Amber is married.
Posted by Emily Jones at 6:47 PM